The course subject has not been selected yet, so my chatGPT request was open-ended. My objective was to develop potential student learning outcomes that I could blend with the course-specific learning outcomes. I specifically wanted to include experiential learning activities that exposed the students from the university in the USA to the cultures in Singapore in meaningful ways. I'll be exploring this aspect as I continue to work on the course.
This is what ChatGPT gave me. This is a good start. I will review these in the context of Bloom's Taxonomy, and then decide which are suitable once I know the subject of the course, editing them as needed.
On completing this summer course, students will be able to:
· Synthesize learning from academic coursework, site visits, and cultural immersion activities to reflect on personal and professional growth and articulate the value of study abroad experiences for career development and global citizenship.
· Develop cross-cultural competence and communication skills through interactions with residents, business professionals, and other members of the Singaporean community.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of the cultural, social, and political factors that influence consumer behavior in Singapore and assess the implications for marketing and advertising strategies.
· Critically evaluate the role of cultural stereotypes and biases in cross-cultural interactions and develop strategies for bridging cultural differences and building successful partnerships and collaborations.
· Describe and compare the cultural norms and values of Singapore and the United States, including differences in communication styles, social etiquette, and cultural expectations.
· Analyze the historical, political, and economic factors that have shaped Singapore's development and its status as a global business hub.
· Evaluate the impact of globalization on Singaporean society and business practices, including the role of multinational corporations, immigration policies, and cross-cultural communication.
· Identify the key sectors of Singapore's economy, including finance, technology, manufacturing, and tourism, and assess the opportunities and challenges for American companies operating in these industries.
· Identify the key challenges and opportunities facing Singapore in the 21st century, including demographic changes, technological innovation, environmental sustainability, and global geopolitical shifts, and articulate the implications for U.S. foreign policy and international relations.
#AI #ArtificialIntelligence #ChatGPT #Chatbot #DALLE2 #AcademicIntegrity #TechnologyInTeaching #TippingPoint #DisruptiveInnovation #HigherEducation #AppliedLearning #WebGPT #OpenAI